Friday, August 6, 2010

Sweet Nothings....

Good Morning,
I've been watching this precious robin build a nest outside my door all morning. My cat, BC, is jumping like crazy up on the glass door trying to get her.
She's probably been at work since the sun came up and here I am still in my pj's having coffee. (8:00 AM)
I started thinking about endearments yesterday. I findd it interesting the way our hearts are filled with special words for special people in our lives. It's not enough to just call them by name. We use words like
Sweetie,
Dear One,
Precious,
Honey,
Darling,
My Bride,
Princess,
Pookey,
Gooby/Goober,
Sweetheart,
and the list could go on and on.
I know a guy that called his wife an 'endearing' Dummie. I'm not sure I would like that one.
I thought about the way we are made in God's image. He also has endearing words he has called us. Let's look at some of the ways he calls your name.
Apple of my eye,
My Beloved,
My Bride,
My children, My Child,
Friend,
Brother/Sister,
Saint
and He is going to give us a new name when we get to Heaven. Did you know that? Listen to this:
Rev 2:17 ...And I will give to each one a white stone, and on the stone will be engraved a new name that no one understands except the one who receives it. (Now that will be a dear, dear secret!)
Now while we can call our endearments to each other Sweet Nothings...His endearments to us are Sweet Everythings!
Share with me more of God's endearments to us. I'm sure I have left many out.
Send me your pet names to your loved ones.
Let me know if I can share with the rest of the group.

Now it is 11 AM Divine interruptions!

Blessings and love,
Mom/Meme/Linda

No comments:

Sneak preview..

This second project for the summer is almost complete.  First project was getting John's Vegetable garden ready for him to enjoy.  I s...