Sunday, August 1, 2010

Shhhhhh...they will hear you!







When I was a little girl I believed so much in fairies that I would be careful where I walked. You didn't want to step on a beautiful fairie sleeping under a leaf, flower, or mushroom. And of course, you could never speak loudly or they would hear your secret, go and tell it to someone.
I can just see me and Brenda, my twin sister, whispering to each other...giggling so that the fairies would not hear us.
I guess you can't take the little girl out of me even though all grown up?!
I thank God for imaginations, fairy tales, and butterflies...you surely know that is how they travel, right?

Love you all,
Mom/Meme/Linda

" Whisper your secret wish to a Butterfly
and it will carry your desire to the Great Spirit to be granted.
Having given this sweet creature to the Universe,
your wishes will be fulfilled in return."

Native American Folklore

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a lovely moment!
-Jayne

Anonymous said...

Beautiful thoughts..Linda. Thanks for sharing them.
Carol

martha said...

fun fluttery post!

Sneak preview..

This second project for the summer is almost complete.  First project was getting John's Vegetable garden ready for him to enjoy.  I s...