Friday, May 18, 2012

Guns and Roses

Crimson Rose

.410 Mini Pump Shotgun
.25 Automatic Pistol

  I've decided to bring out my Annie Oakley spirit and see what happens.  I have two new guns. A shot gun and a pistol.  I've been able to go target practice a couple of times and looking forward to another soon.  Hope to take a safety class this month...then a carrying permit. 

I have festering splinters in my hands from dead heading my roses yesterday.  Maybe I have too many!  It took me so long to baby those babies!  But they are pretty, bring me much joy so worth the trouble.

Well, that's about all the news I have to share for today though the day was full of more.
We are going to our granddaughter's graduation Friday evening.  Pics soon!  Gracie is our fantastic artist in the family.  Her work is awesome.  I don't think she is going to pursue this in her studies but treat it as more of a hobby.  We shall see.  You know how minds can change. I'm showing a sample of her artistic ability.  Amazing I think. She has not finished this one but I think it already looks remarkable.
By Gracie Gibson Carter (portrait of self)
    






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linda,
Remind me not to make you mad. ;) Son, Matt, has a carry permit and advocates everyone learning gun safety and field practice. Gracie is an extraordinary talent!!! Lovely. Be sure to post the finished piece.

Helen Cummings said...

All I can say is WOW!!!! Go for it, Annie Oakley. You’ve got the grits, determination, and attitude all together with your beautiful roses thrown in for beauty. Have a wonderful Monday. Love, Helen

Sneak preview..

This second project for the summer is almost complete.  First project was getting John's Vegetable garden ready for him to enjoy.  I s...