Sunday, September 5, 2010

I know her as BB...


















I've been with this lady since before birth.

I'm sure we sucked each other's thumb, kicked and scratched, blew bubbles, poked in the eyes, and no telling what else goes on in those 9 mths. I saw her before anyone on earth. We probably developed a language that only the other knows. I'm sure she pushed me out first; but that sounds so much more like something I would do.

I have 10 minutes on her so I've always been considered the oldest. Guess that took because I don't know about her, but I have always felt the constant need to watch over my sister. I could tell you some stories...fact, I am going to tell some.

BB, you about gave me a heart attack when you got in the car with those strange boys that said they were helping Dad at a house he was painting...off you went with that smile on your face and that wave like I was so silly insisting you not get in that car.

BB, why did you steal the Sunday School money and the bubble gum from Pass's 5 & 10? You got me in trouble when you came up beside me giggling; showing me what you stole. I can remember the shock even now as I took it to enjoy! We were chewing that gum that looked like oranges in our mouth trying to act like we didn't know what Mother was talking about. We...you get that?...WE had to go in and apologize to Mrs. Pass and pay for the gum. Mother made you give back the SS money too. At least I didn't get blamed for that.

BB, I tried to get you not to run out and flag down Larry Proffitt when he drove by our house. Off you went and even got in the car and off you went again. Me standing there wondering how I was going to cover this one with Mickey! Poor Mickey. Thanks to you, little sister, I got to be on the phone with him for hours when he had a gun in his hand demanding that I tell him where you were and were you with that Larry guy!! Yeah, right! I'm going to tell him.

BB, I loved chasing you around the yard with a worm to throw on you. HA-HA. You were so afraid of them. You would go screaming to Mother.

BB, can you remember I would pay you to let me roll your hair? There was something wrong with that picture but I didn't realize it at the time.

BB, can you remember me trying to help you study while you gazed out in the air at 'something'? I'd finally give up. You would help me study too.

BB, do you remember when we would sing on our swings as we flew up to the clouds? We sang like there was no tomorrow (in hopes our producer neighbor would 'discover' our talent and put us on TV) You always had such a pretty voice. I followed along trying to copy.

BB, remember when you said Jesus was nosey in Sunday School when the teacher told us he knew everything about us and was watching?

BB, remember when I brought my date with me to see you in the hospital? You had your first baby. I won't say what you did that took so long and over and over!!

Mother told us that she would find us sound asleep yet resting on one elbow looking and talking to each other from our twin beds.

I use to drive you crazy flipping my toes at night.

We would sing to the top of our voice "Mr Sandman" at night. I don't know who we thought would hear our great talent.

Remember that Christmas Eve we were trying our best to go to sleep so Santa wouldn't pass over the house. Well, we ran screaming out of the bedroom when a face appeared in the window with an elf hat on AND we heard the jinkle bells? Scared us to death!

There is so much more I could write and probably will one day. This is way too long for anyone outside our family to be interested. If so, sweet of you to indulge memory lane.

But I'm proud to say you are my sister, sissy girl BB. I'm glad I still feel like I'm looking over you; but you know what? I can remember many times when I don't know what I would have done if you had not been there.

I love you, BB.

Lindy Lou




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved reading this, brought back memories for me too. You all are the best sisters in the world (Cam too)!! You still have the sweet, sweet expressions you had as children. By the way, I helped to jingle the bells! :) Love you!!

Anonymous said...

It was wonderful reading about you and Brenda as children. What precious memories! Thanks for sharing.
Dannie

Kelly Nichols Carter said...

Mommymoo! you have to write these stories and more down on paper. I love reading them. I can just see you now as a little girl. Remember all the stories you use to tell me when I was little about Leroy the rooster,Punky your dog, you and BB painting each other red...l0l. Tell more funny stories on BB ,lol...love you much!

Sneak preview..

This second project for the summer is almost complete.  First project was getting John's Vegetable garden ready for him to enjoy.  I s...