Friday, September 3, 2010

A little here, A little there...

Don't you love this pre-season of Fall? The hot days seem so out of place now. The pleasant evenings are not only enjoyable, but exciting. Makes me want to get all dressed up... but no where to go! LOL - Friday night dates have never lost their thrill.
I can remember Friday nights when I was a teenager like it was yesterday. Football games, dates or out with the girlfriends, spend the night with friends, and talk, talk, talk. I don't think there were any secrets. Alas...must we grow up?
Well, of course, on to bigger and better! Families of your own, the ups and downs of life, having enough life to look back on with 20/20 vision, maturity and all that wisdom we surely have gained...whether we pay attention to it or not.
Most of all, enough of life that we can see God's hand in our life directing us, preparing us. Looking back surely is 20/20 vision.
For it is [His prophets repeating over and over]: precept upon precept, precept upon precept, rule upon rule, rule upon rule; here a little, there a little.
A little here, a little there.... then we see better, we understand better, we love better, we know we are loved better, we know there is a reason, we know we don't have to know that reason, we cry better and laugh deeper. Life is intense and calm at the same time.
Don't you just love life?
Every time you think you might have it figured out...well, you know what I mean.

God -God -God- God- God -GOD- GOD- GOD- GOD
I AM, I AM, I AM, I AM, I AM, I AM, I AM, I AM

and HE IS

I love you,
Mom/Meme/Linda





1 comment:

martha said...

your writing is wonderful-and sentiment is SPOT on!

Sneak preview..

This second project for the summer is almost complete.  First project was getting John's Vegetable garden ready for him to enjoy.  I s...