Sunday, November 14, 2010

Chicken Squat




















So it is pitch dark...I can't even see my hand much less my path to the bed.
I said, "Dang, John, I can't see squat!"
Where upon he says, " Honey, I didn't know Squat was in here." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
We went to sleep laughing . That was last night.

Now here is the Rest of the Story.

Years ago I was reminiscing about my pet rooster named, Leroy. I got him as a little darling blue chicken Easter week like we always did at he Burlington Hardware store. I found out later as 'he' grew up that he was a proud, white rooster with great fangs and a red crest like you wouldn't believe. I sat there a minute and said to John,

"if I ever get a chicken, I'm going to name him Squat."

He still laughs to this day at that
...you had to be there.

That darling little blue chicken grew up all right. As my daily chore, I took the garbage out and Leroy would walk with me the whole way... but this time little darling Leroy stuck those fangs out, flapped his wings and charged me. I dropped the garbage all over the yard and ran for my life, screaming bloody murder... I jumped on top of the new barbecue Dad had made and stayed there until my rescue. Leroy trying his best to jump/fly up there to eat me alive.

Needless to say...Off Leroy went to the chicken farm...

I remember how badly Leroy hurt my feelings! After all, I did feed, water and probably even dressed him up with doll clothes! How could he??

I understand now... he just wanted a little chickadee.



3 comments:

Brenda said...

lol lol lol Linda I can see this happening all over again.

Kelly Nichols said...

aw mom i remember this story , I remember laughing so hard..and amazed you had a pet rooster

Anonymous said...

Great memories!! LOL I am still laughing! We had some good days didn't we. Mom and Dad were so good to us!!

Sneak preview..

This second project for the summer is almost complete.  First project was getting John's Vegetable garden ready for him to enjoy.  I s...