Tuesday, April 20, 2010

You have a giant smiley in your heart...I can see it!

Good evening,

Has everyone had a good day? Here we are almost 6:00. Are you right in the middle of dinner?

Wouldn't it be nice if we could run borrow a cup of peace from a neighbor like we use to do when we needed sugar? I remember borrowing shampoo from one of our neighbors and then running down the street to borrow a hair dryer...getting ready for that special date. I know they hated to see me at their door.
How do you return the use of a hair dryer?

We are checking ourselves on the third fruit of the Spirit, Peace.

We have enough day behind us to know if we have walked in peace or not. Even if life threw some stormy clouds your way in some form, you could have kept a peace that passes understanding. That kind of peace only comes from His Holy Spirit. The peace that you and I produce can be shaken at the drop of a dime. His...well, His Peace doesn't blink at those stormy events and we are rather taken because we can't understand why we are experiencing peace at all. No one in their right mind has peace when their world is falling apart for one reason or another, right?.... except a Spirit controlled Christian letting the Holy Spirit produce all the fruit He wants. We continue in praise and thanksgiving even in sadness or pain.

Here is how the quality of peace is described in some of the different Bible dictionaries and commentaries:

* The presence and experience of right relationships

* The tranquility of soul

* Sense of well-being and fulfillment that comes from God and is dependent on His presence

* The inner tranquility and poise of the Christian whose trust is in God through Christ

* Tranquility, rest, harmony, the absence of agitation or discord (this one can speak volumes to us)

So how are you doing so far? By the time we get through the 9 fruits, we will have had plenty of opportunity to answer some hard questions in our examination of our walk with the Lord.

Is He way in front of you or way behind? Do you think you see a glimmer of Him way off in the distance?

He wants to be much closer ... flooding your life with Peace.
Sounds good to me!

I think His peace is like a giant Smiley in your heart.

Galatians 5
Love and blessings,
Mom/Meme/Linda

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your posts mean so much to me as they encourage my heart and keep me focused on how much God loves us.
Keep up the good work and keep on writing!!!!

Anonymous said...

Having right relationships causes my heart to rest and seems to be a standard of measure in my walk with the Lord. Of course, there are some people you have to walk away from but that doesn't disturb our peace. Thanks for the good word!!!

martha said...

first ,DO wish we lived close enough to borrow a cup of whateva!!

This, on peace, is very nourishing...thanks Linda!

Natalie said...

I finally have gotten a moment to read blogs and blog myself and I think it's so funny you are talking about the fruits of the spirit because my husband and I decided to make those our focus as we get back in the word on a daily basis... and when we do something that doesn't represent a fruit, like being impatient then we laugh and say "Is that a fruit??" It's made a big difference in our home!! Love it!

Sneak preview..

This second project for the summer is almost complete.  First project was getting John's Vegetable garden ready for him to enjoy.  I s...