Thursday, April 1, 2010

Nasty offerings! Who Me?

Good Morning,
What a bright, sunny, clear morning. I hear it calling my name! Yeah God! I love your sunshine!
I'm Reading Malachi this morning. As I read God's message to Israel, I decided to apply these truths to our lives today.
I'm going to nutshell God's answer to them when they would ask "How are we dishonoring your name?"
There will surely be some lessons for us today that we can apply to our walk with the Lord.
1~ Would we offer to some extremely high, respected official a gift that was an insult in it's very presence to the receiver. And then to top it all, be proud that we 'at least took something to him/her.'
God requires our best...our very best. Because He is Best personified. Think about what we are offering Him. (Malachi 1:6-14)
Whatever it is we do, do it as unto the Lord. This is the same principal. Is our work, our service to others polluted before God? Are we grumbling in our tents of something we are called to do because it is hard, sacrificial, unpleasant, or hurtful to us? Maybe it just interferes with our plans or is something we just 'plain ol'' don't want to do. I have found that if I can remember that whatsoever I do, do as unto the Lord. Don't get me wrong...(even then it may be with a 'jerky attitude' )... but it actually lifts the burden and even can bring joy if I get all the 'kinks' laid back on Jesus. After all , He didn't die in vain.

Give me any feed back you have. I'll pass it on. We can encourage each other.
Read Malachi. It's short and to the point.
"YES, THAT IS WHY I NEED JESUS" is what we are to say to the little, often loud, accusing voice. It's better to agree with that accusing voice because he is right usually... THAT IS why we need our Savior, our Goodness. You will see what I mean.
Love and blessings,
Mom/Meme/Linda


So teach us to number our days,
That we may present to You a heart of wisdom.
(Psalm 90:12)

No comments:

Sneak preview..

This second project for the summer is almost complete.  First project was getting John's Vegetable garden ready for him to enjoy.  I s...