Thursday, October 15, 2009

To call it, is to have it.

Wimpy, wimpy, wimpy.
By Linda Coles

You've heard the expression, "To call it, is to have it"?

Meaning tthings we usually see/hear in someone's life that we find ourselves making a judgement call, are more than likely true about ourselves as well. We may not realize it. If we do, we justify or deny it.

It's wimpy and hateful. I hate it. I hate it when I do it, and especially hate it when others do...of course.

OK. So what do we do with this wimpy, stupid, hateful attitude; since it shows it's face so much?

I am reminded of Paul saying in Romans 7 & 8, how he does the things he should not do and doesn't do the things he should.

Bottom line is Paul

THANKS GOD, THROUGH JESUS CHRIST,
that HE HAS DELIVERED HIM FROM THIS BODY OF DEATH...

meaning he has taken the power to obey our flesh away.

So on those grounds we can make a choice when that button is pushed.

*We can follow through with our crude remarks to the person,

*hold our tongue and have those lofty thoughts about them (you can almost see the snarled invisible nose on our foreheads),

*or gossip about this person all in the name of love or prayer. Any name will do as long as it sugar coats the sin.

Or...
the best choice that will make your Maker smile is to immediately say to your Father,
"Here...take this...
I surely must have it in me to have such buttons pushed by her/his actions.
You didn't die in vain for me.
You didn't suffer in vain for my victory over sin and death.
I am so bad you had to die for me,
You loved me so much you were glad to do it. "

I have also found to be disappointed in myself is to have believed there was some good in me.

Our righteousness is Jesus. Period!
I won't be disappointed in myself if I truly believe this.

All I need to do is to agree with that condemning voice.

I find it good to say,
"Yes, that's what makes Jesus so precious."

Somehow, there is a calm & mercy afterward. I wonder why!
A smile in my heart really feels so much better than that hateful ol' condemning spirit of myself or another.
Love you...have a great day, dear friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen and amen! Thanks for the inspiring message!!

Sneak preview..

This second project for the summer is almost complete.  First project was getting John's Vegetable garden ready for him to enjoy.  I s...